- The employer engaging 10 or more workers shall submit a form for the registration of shops under Form A. the payment of fees shall be done online along with the application form.
- The application form shall be then reviewed by the officer assigned and if there is no objection, the registration certificate shall be provided under Form-B.
- In case less than 10 workers are engaged in the business, the employer shall go ahead with the registration by submitting Form-D. Form-E shall be provided under the receipt of intimation.
- Form-G shall be filed by the applicant in case of any changes in the certificate of registration along with the prescribed fees.
- In case, the applicant is shutting down the business, Form-H shall be duly submitted by the applicant. In the case of fewer than 10 workers, Form-I shall be submitted by the applicant for the closing of the business.
- Women workers shall not be employed after 9 pm up to 6 am after obtaining their consent in form J
The Gujarat Labour and Employment Department on June 23, 2020 issues the Gujarat Shops and Establishments (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Rules, 2020 to further amend the Gujarat Shops and Establishments (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 2019.
The followings are the amendments made in the Gujarat Shops and Establishments (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 2019:-