The Government of Karnataka on July 28, 2022, issued a notification to revise the minimum wages for the workers working in Security Agencies (including all establishments and establishments employing office staff and security personnel through the agency) and all the earlier notifications have been quashed.
The following conditions are to be enforced by the employer:-
•Varying Dearness Allowance.
• Equal rates of wages to all in cases where women, men, and transgenders have performed the same kind of work to be done.
• For the workers of the same nature for the categories of workers whose class is not mentioned in the notification.
• The 8-hour working wage of workers working on a piecemeal basis should not be less than one day’s wages of workers doing the same kind of work. A day’s work shall mean 8 hours of work, and if workers are employed for less than 8 hours, the wages will be calculated on the basis of the day or monthly wages of that class according to such a short period of time.
• Workers working on weekly offs or festival holidays fixed in the establishment shall be paid twice the normal wage, subject to the Minimum Wages Act and rules.
• If a worker has worked for more than the stipulated period of the day, he shall be paid twice his salary.
• 75 percent of the salary received by the employees of that class shall be paid as a scholarship to the trainees.
• Payment of employees’ salaries by cheque or employees’ bank Should be credited directly to the account.
• A day’s work shall mean eight (8) hours of work. If workers are employed for less than 4 hours of work, the minimum wages will be paid in accordance with such a short period of time. Calculation on an hourly basis as per Rule 27(4) of Rules, 1958.