1. Considering the unprecedented situation created by COVID-19 and lockdown announced by the Central Government from 24.03.2020 midnight onwards to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the due date for filing of Electronic Challan cum Return (ECR) for wage month March 2020 is extended up to 15.05.2020 for employers who have paid wages to their employees for March 2020.
2. The due date for March 2020 is ordinarily 15.04.2020, so grace period of thirty days has been allowed to the establishments covered under EPF & MP Act, 1952 to remit the contributions and administrative charges due for March 2020
3. The above decision of Ministry of Labour, GOI, is to support and provide relief to Employers of establishments which have disbursed wages for March 2020 to its employees and an incentive to employers for the wage paid to employees during COVID-19 pandemic. The move is in keeping with the objective of the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana to prevent disruption in employment and ensure earning to employees to help them fight the pandemic.
4. The employers have to declare the date of disbursement of the wage for March 2020 in the Electronic Challan cum returns (ECR) for March 2020.
5. The ECR, with the said declaration, and contributions and administrative charges for March 2020 are now due on or before 15.05.2020.
6. The employers disbursing the wages for March 2020 not only get relief of extension of due date for payment of EPF dues for March 2020 but also avoid liability of interest and penalty, if they remit on or before 15.05.2020.
(This benefit can be avail if u have paid Mar-2020 salary in time as while uploading the ECR we have to mention the Salary disbursement date if found any error i.e. while if any inspection comes up or any order issued by the Dept to produce some confirmation of salary disbursement if any error found then Interest & damages will be charged by the dept)
As the above is in my view in regards to damage & Interest hope as per the direction of Each state you all must have paid the salary to the employee in time
Circular:- 👉EPF Grace period March 2020 Payment