From 1st Dec 2018 EPF office will not accept physical EPF claim Forms.In order to enable employees to forward maximum claim through online mode, a few pre-requisites to be observe are as follows: –
- Employee should have activated UAN through EPF website, wherein employee’s mobile set will be required for receiving OTP.
- For Aadhar Seeding in UAN by employee, through UMANG app employees mobile set will be required for receiving OTP. In Case employer is seeding Aadhar number, the same is to be approved by DSC/ESIGN
- The UAN should be linked with Bank Account No & PAN and approved with DSC/ESIGN by employer.
- The mobile no. should be the same as given in Aadhar database
- The employer/employee should have seeded the Aadhar through EPF website or through UMANG app.
- Date of joining of member should have been entered by employer.
- Date of exit of member should have been entered by employer especially for final withdrawal cases.
- Mobile set should be available with the employee for receiving OTP while filing online claims (same mobile no. as given in Aadhar Database)
- Last four digit of the bank account no. should be available with the employee (Same bank account as linked in UAN Database)
In case of mismatch of name as per Aadhar Database vis-a vis office/system record, employer can get online request generated for NAME/DOB change and submit related documents to the office. Presently no facility for upload of supporting documents is provided online.
Employer is required to get UAN activated by employee, through member e-seva. Once UAN is activated, employer needs to approve KYC Data related to Bank Account, PAN and Aadhar at the earliest through DSC/ESIGN. It is to be noted that only Bank Account and PAN seeding with approval by DSC is dependent on employer, but UAN activation and Aadhar Seeding can be done by employee.
Employers are advised to complete the above task of Updation of KYC for all employee’s including those who have left and on priority for those who are still in service.
It is suggested that when employee comes to the employer for claim attestation and forwarding the UAN activation, Aadhar, PAN, Bank Account seeding process should be completed there itself, where after online claim can be submitted by the employee the next day.
Respective communication from EPF office