The following are the minimum rates of wages payable for monthly and
daily rated employees for the period starting from 1.04.2017 to 30.09.2017 (both
Notification :- 👉 Minimum Wages of Chandigarh Apr-2017-Sep-2017
(1) The points for the months from October, 2016 to March, 2017 Base Year 2001=100 are 272, 273, 271, 273, 271 and 273 which have been calculated by the linking factor at 5.26 with regard to Chandigarh Centre as desired by the Director, Labour Bureau, Shimla vide their letter dated 09.03.2006 for compliance.
(2) The categories of employees as per notification dated 25.11.2010 are
(3) (i) The change due to rise or fall in the Cost of Living Index Number will be adjusted in the ratio of 07:01 i.e. 07 parts in cash and 1 part for two meals and two Tea.
(ii) Where an employer provides living accommodation to an employee then he may charge maximum of Rs.50 p.m. from the wage of an employee. 1. Unskilled: -means an employee engaged to do manual work by any part of his body like lifting, pushing, pulling, shifting of loads or digging, excavating, removing of earth, water etc. or who assist another employee in a schedule employment or who does any work of cleaning, sweeping, gardening or mali, guarding, washing, packing, wrapping, filling, washing etc. or who works as a waterman, masalchi, gateman, peon, kneedar, watchman, chowkidar, rickshaw puller, rehri wala, beldar, mazdoor, khalasi, poster paster, boardboy, oilman, as an aya or as cleaner on a vehicle or polisher on a vehicle etc. or any other person who does similar nature of jobs.
2. Semi-Skilled-II: means an employee who has not passed his intermediate or equivalent examination and have learnt by experience to work on a machine and operate or work on such machine or who has acquired some skill in any technical/professional trades and work on a machine or on the job of that trade or profession or who without having any special training from any Govt. recognized institution or school or board works as a plumber, rein forcer,
spinner, stitcher, tailor, embroider, barber, mochi, pump attendant, mixerman, deffedar, mate,tarcol / paint sprayer or other sprayer or bazri spreader, quarry operator, jamperman, hammer man, sole cutter, upper-fitter, backer, securer, stiffer, skiver, heel builder, boatman, floor polisher, mistry, whitewasher, carpenter, distemperer, air conditioner operator or its repairer, moulder, compositor, rangaiwala, Roller man, saw man, plainer man cutterman,soaker,
hanger man, drillman, leach houseman, lime yardman, drum man, tan yardman, book binder, wireman, buffer, grusher, waiter, , deliveryman, khatai wala, achaar/muraba maker, weighing man, lineman, bill collector, assistant cook, painteryman, stock boy, canvasser, glassfitter,cyclefitter or repairer, furniture polisher, type repairer, kantiwala, lohar, toka man, planer, light vehicle driver or a chauffeur, conductor or who works as a welder, sheet metal
worker ,fitter, turner, machine man, grinder man or as machinist grinder radio/TV wireless repairer, blacksmith, motor mechanic, diesel engine operator or other machines operator, diesel mechanic, meter reader etc. or any other person who does any work similar to any of the above.
3. Semi-Skilled-I :-means an employee who has passed his intermediate or equivalent examination and have learnt by experience to work on a machine and operate such machine or who worked at least for five years on any of the work/job falling under the semi-skilled-II category or who is a driver of medium/heavy/special vehicle or who is a head mate, massion, glass cutter, bakery mistry, halwai, rafugar, dry cleaner, pressman, steward, head bearer,
head waiter, film repairer, guide, cook, tandooriya, coffee-man, photographer, video camera operator, dispenser, analyst, checker, computer operator, Inspector, weaver, shaver, electroplater, glassblower, decorator, scudder, dyer, flesher, finisher, setter, splitter, laboratory assistant chemist, attendant, die maker, refrigerator mechanic, ginisher, luster, candle man, spinning master, printing master, screening master, artist etc. or who does any work similar to
any of the above.
4. Skilled-II: -means an employee, who has passed a certificate examination in technical or other professional trade from a Govt. recognized institution, board or a university and who does work in that trade or profession and include a grinder man, machinist grinder man, line man, welder, turner, machinist, wireman, electrician, shaper man, painter, blacksmith, goldsmith, sheet metal worker, fitter, radio/TV/wireless mechanic, die maker, air conditioner operator
or mechanic, laboratory attendant, chemist, compounder, printing man/printer, craftsman, smith, lithographer, compositor, moulder, rangaiwala, watch repairer or watch assembler, computer mechanic, software developer, motor mechanic or motor binder, refrigeration mechanic, blower man, senior machine operator, computerize machine operator, etc. or who does any similar nature of jobs on having obtained a similar certificate.
5. Skilled-I: - means an employee who passed his diploma or equivalent examination in any discipline from any Govt. recognized institution, Board or a university and does work in that discipline or who is at least a graduate and does any of the work falling under skilled-II category and includes a medical representative, advertiser, marketing professional or a chef or technical
supervisor etc. or who does any similar nature of jobs.
6. Highly Skilled: - means an employee who is a graduate in engineering or in any other special or other professional trade from a Govt. recognized institution, board or a university and employed to do work in that discipline or who is employed as a foreman, manager, executive, or an officer, having no power of managerial functions or who does any work similar in nature.
7. Class –III [Staff]: - means an employee who has passed his matriculation or equivalent examination and employed as a clerk, time keeper, munshi, store assistant, store keeper, accounts assistant, typist, steno-typist, receptionist,personal assistant, cashier, draftsman, telephone operator, computer applicator, counterman, ticket checker, ticket collector, legal assistant, supplier, nurse or nursing assistant, compounder, technologist, radiologist or employed to do similar nature of work in an office or at other place or any other employee who
is employed to do similar nature of work.
8. Class –II [Staff]: - means an employee who has passed his graduation in any discipline except technical and who does any work specified for class-III [Staff] whether designated with the same or similar nomenclature or by a senior nomenclature but below the nomenclature specified for Class-I [Staff] or who is accountant, stenographer, work incharge, office supervisor, salesman, purchase man, store incharge, architect, artesian etc. or any other person doing similar nature of jobs.
9. Class –I [Staff]: - means an employee employed as assistant manager, foreman, executive, engineer, officer, office supervisor, medical officer, doctor, dentist, surgeon, pharmist, vaid, hakim, homeopath or in any other similar position etc. and who does not have any authority or power to exercise managerial functions or who does any office work or work related to his
nomenclature during the maximum time of his duty, the work may include the work specified for Class-II or III [Staff].